Since the death of King Ludwig II in 1886, the east wing was empty and remained in contrast to the splendor of the rooms in other wings in kit form. Atelier Achatz was hired to build up the rooms as little as possible to maintain the original character. This also applied to the lighting concept based on the themes of architectural lighting, flexible exhibition lighting and emergency lighting. A conductor rail system and a DALI control allow individual programming of all emitters. The first exhibition „Ludwig II – Götterdämmerung“ in 2011 more than 600,000 visitors came to the modern showrooms.
Staatliches Bauamt Rosenheim
Architect: Atelier ACHATZ Architekten
Lighting Design: Ulrike Brandi Licht